Podcasters who use Audacity need to know that Audacity 2.3.2 has been released. Audacity 2.3.2 replaces all previous versions for Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Audacity now includes the LAME mp3 encoder. Previously, due to now expired patents, you had to download it separately.
- There is a new “Select” button in the track panel to select the whole track.
- Audacity mod-script-pipe for driving Audacity from Python now comes with Audacity and can be enabled via preferences.
- Type to Create a Label is now off by default.
- A plug-in installer for Nyquist now provides a file browser for selecting ‘.NY’ files to install.
More details about the new improvements in Audacity 2.3.2 can be found in the Wiki Overview.
Over 20 bugs in 2.3.1 fixed, including:
- Audacity 2.3.1 would crash if append-recording to a collapsed track.
- Many accessibility bugs on macOS fixed.
More information about bug fixes in Audacity 2.3.2 can be found in Release Notes 2.3.2.